Fuss & O'Neill
Fuss & O’Neill, Inc. is one the leading engineering and planning firms in the Northeast. Offering a comprehensive suite of services across the breadth of scientific, engineering, planning, and design disciplines, Fuss & O’Neill is ranked among the Top 200 Environmental firms and Top 500 Design firms in the United States by Engineering News Record magazine. Founded in 1914, Fuss & O’Neill is a highly respected firm that’s well-known in the engineering community. However, the firm’s work was less recognized outside its industry. Additionally, the firm had evolved over the years, and clients and potential clients generally weren’t aware of the full range of engineering and planning services being offered by the firm.
Smith Phillips was engaged in 2011, and Bill Smith created a public relations program that was designed to raise Fuss & O’Neill’s profile in locales in which it is active, as well as in the vertical industries the firm serves. The program has resulted in hundreds of stories in media outlets throughout the United States, including project profiles, feature stories featuring Fuss & O’Neill projects and personnel, and byline articles authored by Fuss & O’Neill representatives. The firm has been covered in numerous industry publications, including CE News, Governing, Engineering Inc., Industry Today, Planning, and many others. The program has also generated coverage in general and business press, including the Hartford Courant and the Hartford Business Journal.
Fuss & O’Neill’s public relations program has also included non-publicity elements. Last year, Bill wrote several award nomination narratives, one of which was instrumental in helping Fuss & O’Neill win the coveted Connecticut CREW Award. He also provided much of the writing for the firm’s new website, which was unveiled in 2014.
Links to Articles
- Sustainability saves landscape architecture – Hartford Business Journal
- Embracing Natural Gas – American School & University
- Urban Sustainability Enhanced Through Landscape Architecture – Living Green Magazine
- Breathing New Life into Abandoned Facilities — the Design/Build Approach – Trade & Industry Development
- Avoiding An Ill Wind – Anticipating and meeting the site challenges that arise on wind projects – Wind Systems
- Emerging from the recession’s shadow – CE News
- In Dire Need of Maintenance – Industry Today