Passport Parking, Inc.
Passport Parking, Inc. was one of many fledgling mobile parking payment companies attempting to gain a toehold in an increasingly crowded field. While Passport enjoyed a number of technological advantages over its competition, it still needed to find a way to supplant better established companies.
Smith Phillips created and implemented a strategic public relations program designed to introduce Passport to the parking industry and establish its technology as the obvious choice for owners and operators seeking a mobile payment option. The program was also designed to publicize Passport’s entry into local markets and encourage parkers to use the Passport option to pay for parking. In just a few short months, the public relations program resulted in dozens of media opportunities, including national articles touting the benefits of Passport’s technology and local coverage of Passport’s introduction in a variety of communities. One article—a profile of the company and its founders in the Charlotte Observer—led to a six million dollar investment in the company.
Links to Articles
- One tap can pay for parking in some downtown lots – Deseret News
- Option to feed meters by phone – Technology Marketing Corporation
- UPMA Launches Mobile Pay Parking
- Parking and Cloud Hosting – The Magazine of Parking Management & Operations
- Charlotte-based Company Aims to Take the Stress Out of Parking – The Charlotte Observer